Saturday, January 29, 2011

Racinet and Baucher, Recommended Reading

Just finished reading "Falling For Fallacies - misleading commonplace notions of dressage riding" by Jean-Claude Racinet. Very technical due to all the anatomy references and going to start reading it again. I definitely recommend it if you are in to technical books. I'm wanting to find more of Jean-Claude Racinet's books, he references "Total Horsemanship" a few times. Anyone have it?  I will probably have more to say after I read it a few times, it's that kind of a book.


Racinet references Baucher so I searched him and found a copy of his book, A Method Of Horsemanship: Founded on New Principles, nineth edition 1851. It's 283 pages (link attached, it's free to download), so I read that one today. I really liked it too. It assumes a certain level of knowledge and some reading between the lines but I definitely like his approach to dressage more than the german approach and find it very similar to my own ideas and just as valid today as when it was written.


http://books.google.ca/books?id=kTVFAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=francois+baucher&source=bl&ots=Dz6oPTRpFn&sig=vhzGnOt4gymLaFlYcRyAI_rIyOI&hl=enn&ei=qmdETYfeN5SosAPf8sDwCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=15&sqi=2&ved=0CHEQ6AEwDg#v=onepage&q&f=false



No comments:

Post a Comment