Sunday, April 17, 2011

Partner's Progress

While Boomer dried off I rode Partner.  He of course had lost one of his 2 new front shoes but felt okay so I just worked him easy.  He has been packing students and carrying his neck  a little high and his nose stuck out so I worked on having him drop it down and get more vertical, while staying  light at the trot. I ended up riding a lot of circles and counter bending to make my point.  He was really good on the counter bending from the outside rein but got sticky on the give the hip on the same side as you're bent.  I worked on lightening him up on the legs both ways which really helped his head carriage.  I didn't ask him to move his haunches in as he needed to be lighter first.  Hopefully they will both get their sliders tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment