Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dropped Off The Face Of The Earth?

No, I'm still here. Haven't been doing much with the wild bunch, (waiting for owner to pay their bills). I have worked quite a few different times with Sampson, still no halter on. I have managed to touch a lot of him, two hands, even combed all the burrs from his mane and forelock but he scares so easily.  Makes you wonder if he doesn't see right or if something really bad happened.  I can, with difficulty get a rope around his neck and a loop around his nose and he's learning to give to the pressure.  All I want to be able to do is rub his face all over with 2 hands and then slip a halter on, sounds easy enough.  He's not mean at all but so very protective. I fear when he leaves here someone will get fed up and try and force the issue which is not going to be in his best interest, that's why I have been putting so much of my own time in to him.  I do believe however he will not be suitable for what the owner wants him for.  Hope to have an update tuesday if owner comes back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment