Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Other Youngsters

Burr was very similar to Blue in not wanting his nose touched. He also had been haltered once before. Luckily he didn't take nearly as long as Blue to accept it.  I didn't put it on and off as much but left it on for next time.
Sampson took about 1 hour again to accept being touched. I then gave him a rest and came back to him later.  He let me rub him a little on each side and it was dinner time so that's all I asked for.
Oreo was another story. I had made a lot of progress with Oreo. I could halter him, lead, lunge, saddle and had started getting him used to the rope around his rear for driving.  He had lost some confidence with the rope but we had worked through it and he hadn't been a problem to catch.  I guess he and Blue must have been exchanging notes.  He was pushing his ribs in to me and when I called him on it he pushed his shoulders in to me and tried to run over me. Bad horsey. We spent a lot of time working on move over, get back, come up, get off me, don't be rude... He was pretty sweaty when we were done but a lot nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment